1. Make sure to upload various high quality pictures of your item.
Adding photos to your listing not only adds to the visual appeal, but it also shows exactly what you are lending. Well-done photos are a powerful marketing tool for your listing. Take clear, good-quality photos with good lighting in order to showcase your product at its best. If you are shooting against a background, find one that is not too distracting, and that subtly contrasts with your item to make it stand out. A great photo instantly grabs attention and draws buyers in.
2. Write a description that touches on all the features and specifications of your item.
Provide as much detail about your item that a renter would likely have questions about. Provide important technical specifications, measurements, condition, the age of the product, any work, upgrades or repair information, and other important selling points.
3. Respond to rental requests in a timely manner.
In this day and age, customers expect a timely response from any online business. The same applies for your own rental business within Lendr. Ensure that you're replying to renters' requests, questions and concerns in a swift manner to ensure high ratings and overall success as a lender.
4. Be courteous to your renter and show up to meeting spots on time/deliver items on time.
No one likes having their time wasted. The biggest waste of time (for both parties) when using Lendr is someone taking time out of their busy schedule to meet, and the meeting gets delayed or cancelled last minute. Respect your renter's time and stick to the scheduled meeting times as best as you can. This will encourage high ratings for you, and a smooth rental process overall.
5. Maintain good communication with your renter along the way to ensure a smooth rental process.
By communicating effectively and consistently, it will send one overarching message of the utmost importance: you are a professional. Professionalism is a surefire way to build a supply of positive reviews and ratings, and ultimately a thriving Lendr business.
Best Practices for Renting
1. When submitting a rental request, ensure that you'll be able to honour the date, time & location of meetup/delivery that you requested.
No one likes having their time wasted. The biggest waste of time (for both parties) when using Lendr is someone taking time out of their busy schedule to meet, and the meeting gets delayed or cancelled last minute. Respect your lender's time and stick to the scheduled meeting times as best as you can. This will encourage high ratings for you, and a smooth rental process overall.
2. Treat your lender's item with the same caution and respect as though it were your own.
Remember that the items you're renting don't belong to you. Treat them with respect, and keep in mind that you will be held accountable for any damages sustained to the item as a result of negligence.
3. Return your lender's item in the same condition that you received it.
To encourage positive ratings and reviews, ensure that the item you're renting is returned to your lender in the same or better condition than you received it in.
4. Accept responsibility if you damage or lose your lender's item.
In the event that you're responsible for a rented item being lost or damaged, be upfront about it and accept accountability for any expenses necessary to repair or replace the item. Not only is it the right thing to do, it will also save a lot of time and headache for all parties involved in the dispute process.
5. Ensure that you're able to return the item on the exact date, time & location that was agreed upon.
Again, in the interest of everyone's time, make sure that you're able to honour the agreed-upon schedule. This will encourage high ratings for you, and a smooth rental process overall.